Frequency is looking for an experienced, talented and creative web developer to lead our team in building user-friendly interfaces. The front end software developer / software engineer / web developer will be working on multiple projects and user interactions for our well-funded mobile video company in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about beautiful interfaces, fluid UI, front-end web technologies, RESTful APIs. Currently, we are obsessed with responsive design, media queries, test automation, synchronous processing, and content management systems - we hope you are, too.
You’ll be developing for the web, but also for mobile & tablet apps, and unlike most internet companies, for in-television apps.
You learn fast and are able to problem solve, apply new methodologies and technologies, and figure out things independently. Equally as important, you can communicate your vision and show the team a better way way to do things. You are just as comfortable leading as they are playing a supporting role.
Candidates should share the following values with our team:
- Creativity, initiative, and acute attention to detail
- Passion for standards-based web development
- Obsession with software design and performance
- Honesty, positive attitude, and great sense of humor (we like to have fun!)
Desired Skills & Experience
- AJAX / HTML5 experience is highly desired
- Expertise in object-oriented and test-driven programming
- Experience writing software designs
- Familiarity with Linux-based systems, PHP
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Mobile expereience (Android, iOS) is a HUGE plus - our interfaces span multiple devices and screen sizes.
Frequency offers VERY competitive compensation, a casual and flexible work environment, great benefits including health and 401(k), and a superb vacation plan.