Posted 294 days ago in Computer/Software
As our Android Lead, you'll be in the center of everything Frequency for a variety of form factors. The Frequency Android apps will be distributed far and wide - delivering video from across the interent to a single player. This isn't a "side-project" app, this is the core mission of the company, and you will be center stage.
You will take over ownership of our popular tablet/phone and TV app development in progress. Then, you'll continue to lead the mobile development team on new feature implementation and while creating an intuitive and seamless user experience.
The Frequency development team is small but powerful. You'll be working with Adrian Roston, CTO who's previous successes as CTO of iFILM and experience programming systems for nuclear submarines puts him in a class all by himself. As one of the fastest growing young companies in L.A., Frequency has a casual work environment, flexible hours, and an incredible vacation policy. And Red Bull in the fridge.
Technical Skills Needed
- 2+ years experience with Android
- 2+ years Java and J2ME
- Expert in object-oriented design, data structures, responsive design UI constructs
- Core data, memory management, concurrency, dynamic and static libraries, knowledge of open source supporting frameworks for Android
- Ability to give feedback to designers regarding Android/framework abilities and limitations
- Experience building complex Android apps that have been successfully launched on Google Play or pre-loaded on Android devices
- Love of all things Android and mobile apps in general
- Good organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Frequency enables consumers to watch online video just like TV. It's is a new way to tune in and watch videos from your favorite online sources. Frequency delivers the latest videos shared by your Facebook and Twitter friends and from news sources like TMZ and the BBC, as well as your favoritve websites, blogs and apps from around the world. Frequency lets you tune in to video on the screen of your choice.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.
Frequency for iPad and iPhone: http://yoz.io/r/7FlD