$135K + benefits + bonus
The Service Delivery Manager
is responsible for managing the internal delivery network to fulfill customer contracts. The customer’s Service Level Agreement is subdivided into internal contracts Operational Level Agreements for all internal and external delivery units and the SLA’s are matched accordingly to the OLA’s. This includes the dynamic planning, scheduling, measurement of services and delivery against OLA’s to provide the agreed levels of service, taking into account changes in both supply and demand and seeking continuously and proactively to improve services for the benefit of the Business Centers and ultimately, the customer. This is a post contract – pre-sales - ongoing identification of customer needs for additional sales / support sales presentations role.
The Service Delivery Manager
is indirectly responsible for on-site and national personnel within a matrix organization. Your will define and be responsible for implementation site specific and national operational governance and service delivery framework in line with Service Delivery Management standards and processes that will culminate in stability in Operational health, Service Excellence and excellent client satisfaction results.Impact Responsibility:
Customer Management Responsibility:
- Direct responsibility for client retention through establishing and maintaining service excellence and client satisfaction
General Management Responsibility:
- Interpret and translate client demand statements and define/refine the supply statement for optimal service delivery both for Company solutions as well as partner and 3rd party solutions
- Overall accountability and responsibility for the achievement of contracted service levels and customer satisfaction targets for a multi-national account
- Manage the delivery of service from delivery units, in a service partnership as ‘One Service Team’ with the customer.
- Ensure the attainment and maintenance of excellent levels of client satisfaction with regards to operational, tactical and strategic service delivery
- Establish and manage service delivery support functions to the client in alignment with contractual obligations
SLA’s / OLA’s Responsibility:
- Works with Customer Business Management and Senior Management to ensure services are delivered satisfactorily and within contracted levels
- Responsible for defining and managing the agreed operational governance model across a multi-national account (including all towers)
- Co-ordinate, prioritize and align services and resource requirements with service owners
- Supports country/customer specific parts of international delivery through the Service Delivery Management network (iSDM) or through the Delivery Units
- Overall risk management with specific reference to security
- Co-ordinate & manage the service aggregation function for the Company’s multi-national accounts (across all Company service towers)
- Develop structure and optimize delivery, reporting and co-management governance mechanisms for all functions related to delivery (Service delivery management and client operational governance structure) through applying matrix management principles
- Ensure optimal management of regional, site-specific, central and national resources for effective and efficient delivery of services in line with matrix management principles and OLA’s frameworks
- Support the organization to organically grow the account through service excellence and positive client relations
- Implement the Company’s Continuous Business Improvement methodology to consistently ensure alignment of services with industry standards and best practice
- Ensure that the processes and toolsets are effectively implemented, maintained and aligned with client reporting requirements to support Service Level Management process
- Own the overall IT Service Strategy and appropriate plans, which implement this strategy to support the customer environments
- Owns the Service Delivery Management process and defines policy to ensure its functionality
- Participate in Service Operations meetings, Service Review Meetings and Quality Reviews
- Consults Sales and Pre Sales and assist the Continuous improvement projects
- In conjunction with the customer own the overall IT service continuity strategy, process and appropriate plans. Challenge existing methods of delivery & sourcing and innovate such that productivity improves and costs reduce.
- Integrate Process Owners into Service Delivery Management to ensure empowerment of the process owner is appropriate to requirements. Support the Process Owners and ensure process functionality and delivery
- Manage Business Units and Customer expectations appropriately
- Support the expansion of the service portfolio.
- Translation of agreed service levels into service specific Operational Level Agreements (OLA’s)
- Establish, maintain and manage the OLA’s with service owners
- Defines, owns and implements OLA’s for each of the technical delivery areas and ensures delivery against those agreements
- Ensure all Service Delivery Managers provide a single point of contact to combine all services from all different departments, 3rd parties and Company’s International (where appropriate) as a single solution to the Business units and customers within the scope of the OLA and SLA.
- Underpin the OLA’s with delivery units (where specifically needed i.e. where the customer requirements differ from the service level in standard service descriptions)
- Investigate and report all breaches of OLA’s and implement solutions to prevent future occurrences
- Ensures OLA’s and SLA’s and any third party supplier agreements are in alignment and capable of delivering services within contracted timeframes.
- Rigorously ensure Service Delivery Managers deliver against OLA’s and SLA’s
- Own the risk associated with the delivery of the contracted services. Manage a risk plan containing all known service risks.
Financial Management Responsibility:
- Provides leadership and ownership and resolve any operational escalations or breakdown in process
- Escalation point for Customer Business Management and Management for delivery and high priority issues
- Ensure day to day operational delivery and management of problem and incidents resolution
- Will be part of the management escalation path and delivery management for service issues
- Responsible for Cost Budget, Cost Forecasting and Cost Control
- Accountable for the cost and quality of solutions delivered from the technical delivery teams including offers, implementation and operations
- Drives up the quality of solutions (availability and performance) and drives down cost
- Drive cost-reduction opportunities with delivery units and balance these against risks.
- Participate in contract negotiations to consult from delivery of service perspective
- BS Degree in Computer Science or other relevant degree
- 5 + years IT leadership/management experience
- 3 + years in an IT Service Delivery Management role with significant client contact across all levels at senior management level within a technical environment (preferably within an outsourcing environment)
- Must have a good understanding of the underpinning technologies i.e. Unix, DBA, Middleware, VMWare, etc. and how they correlate
- Competent working knowledge of broad range of ICT systems (i.e. Data Centers, Cloud Services, Servers, Network Infrastructure)
- Extensive Technical Knowledge of end to end ICT resources
- Proven track record in client relations management
- Strong Change Management and Project Management skills
- Formal training in management disciplines will be an advantage
- Ability to consolidate solutions and provide guidance in defining future platform strategies
- Bilingual English / German language skills will be an advantage
- Experience with cost control and budget planning
- Politically astuteness and conflict management skills
- Must be articulate in both the verbal & written communication
- Have a strong background in IT delivery functions
- Analytical and problem solving attributes
- Exhibiting tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive customer issues
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Able to identify current status of customer expectations and satisfaction levels
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and autonomously.
- Ability to quickly identify goals to be pursued, and to influence others towards these same goals.
Local candidates please. Sorry, we are unable to transfer or sponsor at this time. No 3rd Party. Only qualified candidates will be responded to. Key Words:
ICT, Information Communication Technology, Service Delivery, Management, Project Management, SLA, OLA, Client Relationship Management, Change Management, Cost Control, Budget, Cost Forecasting, Escalation, IT Service Strategy, Onsite, Offshore, Risk Management, Continuous Improvement