Responsibilities of Position:
Transports raw materials and commodities by determining modes of transportation and routing. Maintaining key relationships with customers and vendors, both internally and externally. Supervising and directing shipping/receiving personnel and operations as well as third party warehouse operations.
Supervisory Financial/Budgetary Responsibility
Direct Reports – Five Yes
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Directs transportation of raw materials and commodities .
· Maintaining key relationships with customers and vendors, both internally and externally.
· Responsible for monitoring, updating, correctness and timeliness of customer systems.
· Determines routing and method of transportation per corporate guidelines.
· Controls scheduling of shipments by notifying departments or customers of arrival dates.
· Protects shipments by investigating causes of damages or shortages in consignments or overcharges for freight or insurance.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Maintain open door communication and promote issue free environment.
· Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Maintain open door communication and promote union free and issue free environment.
· Maintaining FIFO inventory in an orderly manner.
· Attending training for customer systems (Chrysler, Ford, Subaru, Hyundai, Mazda)
· Knowledgeable in customer launch systems.
· Look for cost savings in the area of logistics, and measure the success or failure of these changes.
· Being available to corporate sales and engineering for launch phases to new programs.
· Associates degree in business or supply chain management and/or 5 – 7 years equivalent work experience
· PC literacy
· Requires strong interpersonal, facilitation, and organizational skills.
Experience in manufacturing environment preferred