The Software Designer will design, develop, and unit test middle tier database applications as part of a web application software for Pathology image management. This role will work closely with other design engineers to design and deliver functionality for The Client’s eSlide Manager application.
The Software Designer is someone who can:
• Work closely with Product Managers and other Software engineers developing business logic and web services.
• Provide second-level support for operations (installations and customer support).
• Develop software in accordance with The Client development procedures.
• Collaborate with team on complex technical details
• Unit test software and installers prior to turnover to QA engineers.
• Work closely with the QA team to test candidate releases.
• Experience with web servers and database management.
• Experience with Microsoft SQLServer.
• Solid understanding of design and picks up concepts quickly.
• Good working knowledge of databases
• Must be self-sufficient, reliable, and able to work independently to develop distributed software.
• Experience working with SCRUM in an Agile team environment.
• Experience working with EntitySpaces or similar ORM systems.
• Experience developing multi-threaded applications.
• Familiarity with image file formats (JPEG, TIFF) and with compression techniques (JPEG, LZW)
• Familiarity with Visual Studio and other Microsoft development tools.
• Familiarity with network / server issues, TCP/IP concepts, etc.
• Experience in estimating requirements and writing design documents for small to medium projects
• 3+ years development experience in the healthcare or medical device industries.
• 1-2 years Background with C++/Windows development.
• BS/BA in Computer Science/Engineering or related major.
• 3-5 years experience in C# or related .Net languages.
• 3-5 years experience in DBMS and ORM.
About K2 Executive Search:
K2 Search is a boutique, full cycle, contingency search firm. K2 brings a laser sharp focus to identifying the "needle in a haystack" and aligning those candidates with a very magnetic group of clients who absolutely refuse to hire less than the best.