Like analyzing and breaking complex systems?
Excited by virtualization and networking?
Want to deliver a superior user experience?
Ready to work on something big?
We’ve got the job for you.
You’ll be working on serious software that over 80 of the 100 biggest global companies put in the core of their networks. You’ll be surrounded by experts in the field, but be empowered to forge your own path. You’ll have the right tools – from a hands-off, fully-automated lab with a few thousand machines at your disposal, to a test code library built so that you concentrate on your test logic, not the trivial stuff. We understand that you need just enough of the right processes, so you’ll take part in code reviews and use proven documentation and progress tracking standards that help us build and test rock-solid products. And most importantly, you’ll have new challenges at every turn.
We’re a fun group that feels more “Web 2.0” than “Big Company.” You can run Mac OS, Windows, or Linux with double monitors and your favorite ergo keyboard – we don’t care, as long as it fits your style. It’s not surprising that we were voted one of the 2010 best places to work in the San Francisco Bay Area by the SF Business Times.
Software Engineer Test-UI
Full-time – San Francisco, CA, Sunnyvale, CA,
• Develop, extend, execute, and analyze regression, functional, and performance test plans and automation for our products.
• Identify, setup, test, and troubleshoot permutations of software, hardware, and network configurations.
• Develop and extend scripts, programs, and other tools to implement test automation.
• Document and track your work and participate in code and design reviews.
· Bachelor’s degree in CS/CE/EE/Math/Physics or related fields and four years QA experience; or
· Master’s degree in CS/CE/EE/Math/Physics or related fields and two years of QA experience.
• Scripting and/or programming using one of the following: Python, Perl, ruby, tcl, C/C#/Objective C/C++, or Java.
• Strong experience with QA Engineering methodologies.
• Great logical debugging ability.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
• Can approach complex problem-solving and troubleshooting tasks with creativity.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and methodologies.
• Solid attention to detail.
• Can work on your own but know when to ask for help?
• Fluency in Python or object-oriented Perl and shell command line. Selenium RC or Watir experience
• Familiarity with Linux/UNIX-based systems.
Familiarity with Usability Engineering (Personas, User-Centered design, etc)
• Familiarity with virtualization products (VMware ESX/ESXi/vCenter, Citrix XenServer/Xen Desktop, Microsoft Hyper-V, etc).
Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD) is a San Francisco-based company near CalTrain, Muni, and BART. In Sunnyvale, we are close to CalTrain (via Mary Moffett Shuttle). We feature an attractive compensation package including salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program, 401(k) matching, and comprehensive benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, M/F/D/V.
About Riverbed Technology:
Riverbed delivers performance for the globally connected enterprise.
With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization.
Riverbed's award-winning solutions are available from more than 1000 partners worldwide, including resellers, service providers, and systems integrators, or directly from Riverbed.