Solar Sales Consultants
are responsible for driving the growth and profitability of the company by customizing the design of each customer’s solar system to meet that customer’s unique needs. Responsibilities
- Conduct 1-3 In-Home Solar Consultations per day.
- Build trust and rapport with prospective customers.
- Demonstrate uncompromising customer service.
- Conduct accurate in-home needs assessments and corresponding analysis.
- Engineer compelling energy solutions that Save Energy, Save the Environment and Save Money.
- Deliver outstanding presentations that create a high sense of urgency to act now.
- Resolve concerns and eliminate obstacles.
- Follow-up on pipeline and post-sale logistics.
- Generate additional revenue through networking and referrals.
- Attend company and departmental meetings as directed.
- Participate in ongoing training, development and certifications.
- Partner with cross-functional departments to accomplish mutual objectives.
- Communicate and share best practices.
- Honesty/Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Strategic thinking/visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail.
- High Standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard.
- 5 years of achievement in a consultative sales environment.
- Professional appearance and effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and adaptability in a fast-paced environment.
- High urgency, high energy, positive, enthusiastic, motivated, and self-driven.
- Collaborative style with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work a variety of hours, including nights and weekends.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Reliable vehicle and insurance.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Competency in Internet navigation, the use of Webmail and CRM.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of experience as a successful first-time closer.
- 1-2 years of success with in-home sales.
- Comfort and confidence in the sale of financial and/or professional services.
- Previous solar sales experience or solar education.
- This position is primarily spent travelling to and from customer appointments and events.
- We pride ourselves on being a leader in the industry with our compensation package.
- Pay for performance compensation plan.
- Additional incentives, stipends, and bonuses available.
We offer great benefits to our employees. We provide an amazing opportunity to make the world a better place as we grow our organization together. We offer one of the best available benefit programs, including healthcare plans, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, and 401K.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.