Provides customer service, administers, and examines policy coverage for highly complex cases involving litigation, arbitration and mediation for settlement determination.
***This position is a work from home role in the Detroit, MI territory.
- Uses various systems to locate prior losses, review policy coverage, document, and handles PIP claims of high complexity to
- Works closely with defense attorney, analyzes statements, testimonies and develops a course of action with counsel to bring claim to a cost effective resolution.
- Answers demands within the statutory time required.
- Addresses diaries, correspondence, emails, and voicemail timely
- Documents conversations and recorded statements with involved parties, including correspondences, bills and actions.
- Documents files and pays submitted bills according to procedures.
- Sends correspondence and completes actions to satisfy department of insurance and/or state specific regulations
- Provides technical expertise through formal and informal roundtable discussions.
- Submits reports to underwriting regarding claims issues
- Opens reserves appropriate to reflect exposure to the policy
- Refers files to special investigation unit and assists with the investigation.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and insurance software applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal injury protection statutes and medical payment coverages in various jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of litigation practices and processes.
- Must be able to travel up to 20%
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent education preferred.
- Minimum six years of personal injury protection claims handling experience required with one year litigation and/or special investigation unit experience.
- MI PIP expereince is required.
In just over a decade, Esurance has grown from a handful of employees to over 2,000 nationwide. With 24/7 customer service, an award-winning website, dedicated claims reps, and a powerful mobile app, our goal is to make car insurance smarter from quote to claim.
Our highly motivated associates are rewarded with competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and a diverse workplace that earned a perfect score in the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index 4 years running.
And green is more than just a buzzword for us. With hybrid claims vehicles, 100 percent offsets for our office electricity, and tree plantings nationwide, our associates maintain a strong commitment to protecting the environment.
If you're looking to re-invigorate your career with a diverse, conscientious, and innovative company, you've come to the right place.
Please no calls about this position.