Our client is looking for a Sr. RF Wireless Engineer. He / She will be part of a team to develop and support products used for wireless data transmission and reception in the AMR/AMI market. This person is responsible for the development of new technologies and designs for high-volume production, which may involve leading a cross-functional team and working with outside resources to complete the development of new products. Duties include technology watch, product design specification, feasibility evaluation, product design, validation testing, and mentoring other engineers to further develop the technical expertise of the organization.
What will get you the job?
· MS degree in Electrical /Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience
· Must have RF, MATLAB, PLL, SIMULINK, FPGA, SYNOPSIS, SDR, SOFTWARE DEFINED RADIO
· 7 years recent design experience involving the following: low power, battery operated, RF circuits; receivers using LNA's, down converters, and A/D converters; modulation/demodulation circuits; RF amplifiers (Class A, AB, C, and D); RF filter and matching sections
· Knowledge of RF system design issues, noise, propagation, etc.
· Knowledge of PLL and VCO circuit design and applications
· Knowledge of RF measurements and design validation procedures
· Hands-on experience troubleshooting, identifying, and resolving RF issues at the circuit level
· Knowledge of FCC processes and regulations for ISM band and UHF LMR products
· Knowledge of EMC emissions and susceptibility and mitigation techniques
· Knowledge of RF/high-speed board layout issues
· (controlled impedance, partitioning, coupling/isolation, EMI, etc)
· Antenna design experience
· Experience working with internal and external design resources regarding: Digital Signal Processing and Software Defined Radios; Communication Theory; Matlab and Simulink; FPGA development and verification.
Pierce Locke & Associates sources and delivers critical human capital solutions to high-demand niche business categories and markets. Our company began as a leading talent source for the technology industry, providing highly trained, specialized short-term contract and direct-hire IT professionals.
At Pierce Locke & Associates, our duty is to connect the talented employees to the right employers. For the last 5 years, we have facilitated numerous IT placements with Fortune 500, 100 and 50 companies. We currently have several openings Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Virginia etc. For more information please visit our website http://www.piercelocke.com and email or call us for more information.