PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POSTING AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN IT TO APPLY. PLEASE SEND ALL INFORMATION DIRECTLY TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS LISTED BELOW. CLIENT IS SEEKING TO START INTERVIEWS IMMEDIATELY. PLEASE SURE THAT ALL INFORMATION IS SENT IN WORD DOCUMENT FORMAT. PLEASE SEND ALL INFORMATION DIRECTLY TO firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE TYPE THE JOB # AND TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL. ALSO PLEASE BE SURE THAT YOUR RESUME CONTAINS YOUR FULL PHYSICAL ADDRESS.
SENIOR SYSTEM SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Location: Greenville - (South Carolina )
Job Type: Perm. Full-Time (special)
We need a Software Developer with Linux device driver experience, 5 to 15 years.
Successful candidate will serve as a key member of the engineering team.
Must be able to perform architectural analysis & design at the system level.
Must be able to define, interpret and develop custom device drivers and system level software.
You will be required to coordinate with customers and members of engineering team to support
If selected may be subject to a government security investigation.
. U.S. Citizenship
. Experience with multiple Linux distributions
. Embedded Linux development for a variety of platforms (ARM, MIPS, x86, PowerPC, etc) and board support packages
. Kernel and architecture expertise
. Strong user and kernel level debugging skills
. Broad device driver development experience in one or more of the following areas:
file system, multimedia (audio/graphics), communication, networking, HID, and filter drivers
. Strong scripting skills
. Experience with real time and multithreaded applications
. Superior problem solving abilities
. Ability to work independently or as part of a team
. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
. Experience performing architectural definition, documentation, and development at the system level
. Assembly Programming
. Reverse Engineering
. Hardware Design
. Digital Signal Programming
. Application Development
. Leadership skills to provide direction to junior software engineers
. Experience across a variety of operating systems (Windows, Linux, Nucleus, VxWorks, Green Hills & Novell)
. Active Security Clearance (TS//SCI, other)
Salary & Benefits:
Company offers a salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package. Benefit package includes: Relocation Incentive Bonus, 401(k), Health Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life
Insurance, paid vacation and holidays.
Company develops custom software at the system level, including device drivers, firmware, embedded applications, protocol stacks, board support packages, and custom interfaces. They specialize in wireless communications for military and embedded systems.
PLEASE ANSWER EACH QUESTION BELOW, AND SUBMIT THE RESPONSES, ALONG WITH YOUR CURRENT RESUME IN MS WORD FORMAT AS AN ATTACHMENT DIRECTLY TO THE ADDRESS LISTED BELOW. ANY EMAILS WITHOUT THE RESPONSES TO THESE QUESTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. THE CLIENT IS REQUIRING ALL INFORMATION TO BE COMPLETED IN ORDER TO BE SUBMITTED FOR THIS POSITION. PLEASE TYPE A SHORT PARAGRAPH, STATING WHY YOU ARE A MATCH FOR THIS POSITION. ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE RESPONSES AND PARAGRAPH, PLEASE ATTACH YOUR RESUME AND THOSE OTHER TWO DOCUMENTS AND SEND. PLEASE SEND ALL INFORMATION DIRECTLY TO email@example.com AS TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE. ALSO, IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO ANSWER “YES” TO ALL QUESTIONS AND HAVE THE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED IN ALL AREAS, YOU ARE NOT A FIT FOR THIS POSITION. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME IN SUBMITTING.
1. Do you have at least 5 years experience in appropriate software development including Java, Windows, Linux, Nucleus, VxWorks, Green Hills & Novel,C/C++? (EXPLAIN IN DETAIL)
2. Are you a U.S. Citizen? (REQUIRED)
3. Do you have experience with multiple Windows or Linux distributions, Embedded Linux development for a variety of platforms (ARM, MIPS, x86, PowerPC, etc) and board support packages? (EXLAIN IN DETAIL)
4 Do you have Kernel and architecture expertise and strong user and kernel level debugging skills? (EXPLAIN IN DETAIL).
5. Do you have broad device driver development experience in one or more of the following areas?:file system, multimedia (audio/graphics), communication, networking, HID, and filter drivers. (EXPLAIN IN DETAIL)
6. Do you have a Security Clearance?
8. Are you able to obtain a Security Clearance if you do not have one?
9. Do you have Assembly Programming, Java, Reverse Engineering, Hardware Design, Digital Signal Programming, Application Development experience? (EXPLAIN IN DETAIL)
10. Why are you seeking to leave your current position? (EXPLAIN IN DETAIL)
11. What is your current or last Salary?
12. Do you have Reverse Engineering experience? (EXPLAIN IN DETAIL)
13. Do you have Digital Signal Programming experience? (EXPLAIN IN DETAIL)