Job Description Do you want to be part of a team building next generation products for the new era of end-user devices and applications? VMware Horizon Manager is a management platform delivering cloud security, next generation application lifecycle management, and automated self-service IT workflows.
We are looking for an experienced Java developer with experience in both complex enterprise software and large-scale web applications. The successful candidate will go beyond just writing code and solving well-defined problems; he/she must be a savvy architect who can help bring creative ideas to the table, including identifying where important problems might be, and new ways to solve them.
Strong technical knowledge is important in this role. Your primary responsibility will be to provide architecture guidance and hands on coding for a policy framework. You should have a strong technology background, have strong cross-functional leadership skills, and not be afraid to dive deep into code.
Check out our Horzion team video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqwr4j7bInw&feature=youtu.be
- Design and build a policy framework (includes access policy, resource policy, device policy)
- Work on high-uptime multitenant Java based services
- Ensure code is written and systems are built in a secure manner
- Mentor developers to design security into all aspects of software development lifecycle
- Be flexible and involved in all aspects of software development
- Advocate for customers and usability in our products. You and your team will push the envelope in adopting new technologies, practices, and designs to ensure that our products are the best available
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years of hands-on Java development
- 7+ years building and deploying large enterprise-class software systems, preferably software around defining and enforcing enterprise policies.
- 3+ years in architecting large scale web applications for millions of users
- Understand that development, deployment and operations are part and parcel of the same job
- Familiarity with building long term SDKs for a development community
- User experience capabilities a definite plus
- Experience building multi-tenant SaaS systems is desired
Why work for our R&D Division: VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D offices in: Silicon Valley; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
Why work with our group: VMware Horizon Application Manager is a management platform delivering cloud security, next generation application lifecycle management, and automated self-service IT workflows. It is a user-centric, hosted management platform that centralizes policy-driven IT control across the end-user computing layer. Horizon Application Manager gives users greater choice and flexibility while allowing IT to manage the complexity of cross-platform computing. IT can enable access to both cloud-based SaaS and Web applications and virtualized Windows applications, that dramatically reduces the cost of ownership and increases the security and control of applications for enterprise IT. Users each have a single login across multiple devices, with self-service access to all their applications.
About Us: VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technologies. Our team of 11,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.