We are looking for a talented, passionate system administrator with devops inclinations to jump into the trenches and work closely with our expanding development team.
You should come with a well stocked toolkit, since you will take primary responsibility for scaling our popular ruby/rails applications to meet increasing demand, while improving (and never compromising) the security and redundancy of all systems as we grow. You should love your work, and be committed to excellence and continuous improvement.Successful candidates must have the following:
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs. Including modifying servers, spinning up new servers, provisioning servers, configuring settings, storage, etc.:
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up appropriately
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Add and configure new applications or services as necessary
- Automate configuration, deployment and process across multiple environments
- Passionate about a broad set of technologies, languages and databases
- Contribute to open source software
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree in related field and at least ~3-5 years related experience, with good problem solving skills and a positive attitude.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- 5+ years’ experience Unix/Linux system administration; Red Hat and Ubuntu operating systems preferred; Red Hat, CentOS or Amazon Linux acceptable
Strong experience with:
- Cloud architecture; Rackspace, AWS, EC2, S3, RDS, VPC and IAM, preferred
- Web servers; Apache, Passenger, Unicom and Nginx preferred
- Relational databases; MySQL preferred, Redis, MongoDB Experience with other databases is a plus!
- MySql (Performance Tuning, Replication), Mongo (Replica Sets, Fault Tolerance, Sharding, Consistency), Redis (Monitoring and Tuning)
- Scripting; Bash, Ruby preferred; PHP, Python or Perl helpful
- Geographical Redundancy
- Automated Failover
- Network Security and Compliance
- Installation and provisioning; Chef preferred
- Systems monitoring; NewRelic, Server Density, Monit, LogWatch
- Content management and web applications; Drupal and MediaWiki preferred
- Google Applications
- Application servers; Apache, Passenger, Unicorn, Nginx preferred
- Revision control; Subversion preferred; Git helpful
- Automated build, integration and regression testing; Jenkins, Maven and Sonar preferred
- (Continuos Integration, BigTuna, Rake, Headless Browser Testing)
- Web accelerators and caching; Memcached, Squid and Varnish preferred
- Search applications; Solr, Tika and Lucene preferred
- RDF schema and usage; Virtuoso and SPARQL preferred
What we’d really, really like:
- Develop policies and procedures for the development and operations teams
- Implement security and compliance guidelines (HIPAA, SAS70, PCI)
- Proficiency with (and a desire to master) the ruby language
- Experience with system compliance and audit controls (e.g. HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.)
- Experience with deployment automation (continuous deployment)
- Experience scaling both relational (MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis) databases
- Specific experience with chef and/or opscode
OptimisCorp was formed by renowned experts in the rehabilitation field including physicians, physical therapists, psychologists and registered dieticians - dedicated to the science of health, movement and function.
OptimisCorp works to improve the consistency and quality of care delivered by health care professionals by providing them with groundbreaking software.
Our tools allow physical therapists to access evidence-based and clinically proven treatment programs to provide higher quality care for rehab, injury prevention, performance enhancement, weight management, and overall wellness.
We offer competitive base pay, medical benefits, a 401(k) plan, an unbeatable oceanfront work environment, the latest tools, and a generous equity stake in our rapidly growing company.