Are you a System Administrator who has a strong LinuxU/NIX experience? Are you a System Administrator who wants to be part of a growing software development company that is expanding its IT team? If you can answer "yes" to these two questions, you should definitely consider this opportunity.
Our client is a very successful and rapidly-expanding software company that offers leading edge medical records and patient engagement solutions to the medical community. Our client is seeking a Linux System Administrator with great problem solving skills to work within a system team to manage a large and highly distributed computing environment. The user base consists of a large number of physician groups who continually pose new challenges and complex problems to be solved. The successful candidate will play an essential role in managing a Linux based computing infrastructure. In this newly created position you will report to the Chief Privacy Officer. Your major responsibilities will include:
Skills & Qualifications should include:
- Performing system and custom Linux kernel installations.
- Upgrading hardware, firmware, and system requirements.
- Being responsible for backups, system recovery maintenance.
- Performing system patching, data storage, and server resources management.
- Being responsible for scripting to provide automation and reliable configuration management.
- Being responsible for improvements on system reliability, system monitoring, and overall system security.
- Performing analysis on system log and operating systems calls in user/kernel space to profile applications.
- Being responsible for improving Linux user/group account management and perform audits of system and installed software.
- Assisting with troubleshooting Linux applications written in Java, C, or C++
- Documenting Computer/Network Controls System Architecture.
- Researching and integrate new technologies to automate system management.
- Performing thorough troubleshooting in a timely fashion and provide top quality user support.
- Performing other related duties as needed, and as directed by supervisor.
- High School Diploma Required - Degree a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a large scale Linux/UNIX environment
- Consulting experience a plus
- Solid experience working with a healthcare provider strongly preferred
- Highly self-motivated.
- Scripting experience required (PHP, Perl, BASH)
- Understanding of Linux and performance optimizations
- Networking experience required. Knowledge of VPN, IPSec, PTP network topologies and its associated hardware a plus.
- Experience with IDS/IPS software packages a plus
- Experience with Puppet, cfEngine, and RPM package creation a plus.
- Willingness to be constantly learning.
- Strong communication skills
You may either work in our our client's office in Fort Wayne, IN, or you may work out of your home in Indianapolis, IN. Our client is not looking at candidates who require relocation. Candidate must live in or within a commutable distance of either Fort Wayne of Indianapolis.