My name is John and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Telecom Engineer for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio. Details for the positions are as follows:
· The primary role of this position will be to provide Avaya Voice Telecom Engineering & Support for this ACS customer. T
· Provide strategic and technical direction, design, and engineering support (Avaya VoIP strategy & support; enterprise standards development and implementation; campus telephony requirements, IMAC Support,).
· Interface with appropriate customer and ACS leaders to gather requirements and provide solutions to meet emerging business needs.
· Interact with vendors to gather information and manage their performance and service delivery.
· The job will also entail ensuring voice systems and processes are properly documented and executed.
· Responsible for break/fix of all customer voice systems and for providing maximum availability of those systems.
· Attend daily/weekly/Monthly meetings as required and interact regularly with management and clients to constantly improve services.
· Other functions include: •
o Daily IMAC Support & Maintenance. •
o Maintain Avaya VoIP Initiatives and related software & hardware. •
o Conducting research studies, performing cost analysis, identifying design approaches to meet client’s requirements. •
o Preparing reports for client presentation.
o Managing integration projects including equipment ordering, vendor negotiations, testing, troubleshooting, installation, and implementation of upgrades or new installations. •
o Reporting on project status, capacity planning, and metrics, as well as generating any other reports requested by the client and management.
· Education: College degree from accredited university (Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science preferred).
· Technical certification in Computer Science or related telecommunications field is also acceptable.
· Avaya Communication Manager Experience
· Avaya Modular Messaging Experience
· Maintenance: Backup, alarm resolution, etc…
· Troubleshooting, VoIP, TDM, PRI, Call Center
· Basic VoIP Troubleshooting/Knowledge
· Good communication skills (customer interfacing position)
· Technical VoIP – Avaya S87XX – Avaya EAS Call Center Experiencing, Vectoring, (Excel, Word, Project) Behavioral Time Management & Multitasking Remedy Experience Confident – ability to interface with internal and external customers.
· Ability to plan and lead meetings Responsible – self motivating Project Management skills Ability to act as voice On Call Engineer
· Avaya SIP a plus
· Avaya Aura a plus
If you are interested in hearing more about the position please respond to this posting with your resume attached.
Please forward this posting to any friends or colleagues as we do offer a Referral Bonus for any candidate hired.
The Fountain Group provides Contingent Labor, Statement-of-Work, and Contingent-to-Permanent resources to clients with an internal/external Contingent Labor Managed Service Program or Clients without a program.
The Fountain Group is committed to the belief that we all share in the responsibility to conduct our businesses in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. We base this on the premise that a company is much more than the products it offers. The effect a company has on the environment, the people and the communities it serves reflects the company.