The UI Web Designer / Developer works on various project teams to build prototype user interface designs for usability testing, client review and demonstrations, as well as serve as a knowledge resource for the latest trends and technologies for web- and standards-based user interface development. You will work to actively assist in improving the usability, usefulness, and desirability of our applications in collaboration with business stakeholders and development teams.
- Work closely with usability team members, business members, development teams and other internal stakeholders to build storyboards, proof-of-concept mockups, demos and prototypes of proposed and planned applications and features.
- Collaborate in the definition of user interface design standards for applications, to optimize ease-of-use and achieve an integrated and consistent look and feel.
- Conduct ongoing research of web-based user interface development best practices.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in web design / development, with specific expertise with web-based applications
- Solid understanding of basic design skills (e.g. typography, color, grids)
- Strong web graphics production capability and practitioner experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio and other mockup tools
- Knowledge of usability and coding practices for accessibility
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolution
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally and as a presenter and self-motivated and self-managed
- Strong attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering highly-polished web-based prototypes under tight time constraints
BSC in Computer Science or equivalent experience and 8 years of IT experience.