Elkton area company looking for dependable meter installers to join their staff. Looking for individuals with HVAC or electrical experience. The starting pay rate is $10/hour. Individuals with previous meter reading experience may be qualified for increased pay up to $12/hour. Must pass training course with the primary ability to pass a meter dial reading course.
To be considered for employment please submit a resume with your response to this post.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify any problems and issues and elevate these to the Supervising Meter Technician when necessary.
• Document the completion of all work performed.
• Perform the daily task of field deployment and route saturation
• Physically be able to lift equipment or other object weighing 35 pounds or more.
• Physically be able to work in the environment. This includes walking, climbing, stooping 8-10 hours per day in all types of weather conditions.
• Must have Microsoft Windows knowledge
• Ability to work in a fast pace, production, deadline driven environment
• Deliver exceptional quality installations
• Ability to accurately record information in a windows based handheld computer.
• Self motivated and can work independently with technical support as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Self-motivated, ability to work with little supervision
• Good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Ability to read and understand maps
• Adaptability/Flexibility - Must be willing to work weekends/overtime as required
• Customer Service -- Must be able to interact effectively with field representatives and customers in a proactive manner
• Clean driving record for 5 years and a valid driver's license
• Must bring in driving record at time of interview
• Pass criminal background check for past 7 years
• Drug Free - Pass a DOT approved drug screen
• Good physical condition to work in the environment.
• Previous related experience helpful
• High School diploma or GED