For more than 40 years, United Camera has delivered creative and cost-effective solutions to some of the largest manufacturers, government agencies, retailers, and extended warranty providers in the technology and consumer electronics supply chain.
From sourcing and fulfillment to returns, repair, and resale, United Camera is there to support our customers at each step in the product lifecycle.
We are hiring a Warehouse Operations Manager to help support our expanding business model. Employment Application:
Please access the Employment Application by visiting www.unitedcamera.com. The form is located by clicking the "contact information" tab. Upon completion, please mail, fax or e-mail the application.
United Camera Fax: 630-595-2526
Attn: Talent Acquisition
1062 Tower Ln. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bensenville, Il. 60565
Oversees our shipping/receiving deparment, order entry as well as product distributuion throughout our facility
- Reports to Vice President of Operations
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in shipping, receiving, order entry, and product flow.
- Develop and document standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, order entry, handling, product flow, shipping, or salvaging products or materials to ensure speed and accuracy.
- Meets warehouse operations financial objectives by forecasting requirements; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions and reporting.
- Interview, select, and train warehouse and order entry personnel.
- Respond to customers' or shippers' questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, order entry, product flow, and shipping products or materials.
- Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance, and safety manuals.
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouse equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- Plan, develop, or implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Review invoices, sales orders, production reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments and schedules.
- Schedule or monitor pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials.
- Track and trace goods while they are en route to their destinations, expediting orders when necessary.
- Examine products or materials to estimate quantities or weight and type of container required for storage or transport to ensure a cost effective and safe shipment.
- Evaluate freight or inventory costs associated with transit times to ensure that costs are appropriate.
- Participate in setting transportation and service rates.
- Negotiate with carriers for services and preferential rates.
Skills and Qualifications
- Managing Processes, People Management, Supervision
- Data Entry Skills, Data Entry Management, Data Processing
- Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information, Dealing with Complexity, Deadline-Oriented