Work Authorization status: U.S. citizen or greencard only.
As a Web Developer in the Bioinformatics Department, the person will have the opportunity to work with scientists and programmers in various departments to develop a variety of web tools and programs with the emphasis on presenting and visualizing biological data. This is an amazing opportunity to get in to one of the fastest growing fields in the health care industry.
The candidate must be eligible to work in USA; local candidates preferred.
Required Education and Experience:
- Experience with LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, PHP, MySQL)
- Experience with MVC framework, such as Zend, Kohana, or Symfony
- Knowledge of web standards and browser compatibility issues
- Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic about science, able to work independently, as well as within a team and sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- B.S. degree in Computer Science with at least 3 years of web development expertise, or equivalent experience
- Experience with version control software, such as git
- Experience with software documentation and packaging
- Experience with NoSQL, such as MongoDB or CouchDB
- Scripting language, such as Python, Perl, or Ruby, etc.
- Scientific background is a plus, such as B.S. in Biology
- Knowledge of web security