Several Web Developers are needed for major new Federal job in the Washington DC area:
Web Developer / Web Administrator with U.S. Citizenship. The position is located in Northeast Washington, DC.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain static and dynamic Web sites and applications according to user requirements for multiple Internet and intranet sites.
- Develop application software/components as required to support the associated environment.
- Elicit and document user requirements, incorporating usability best practices.
- Document and test all work products and changes before deployment to production.
- Scan all developed code for known security vulnerabilities and resolve them to produce secure, error-free code.
- Monitor Web usage statistics and produce/update analytics reports.
- Identify, diagnose, and fix Web site problems.
- Operate, maintain, and administer Web development, presentation, and hosting tools (including media, content management, trouble ticket tracking, and version control systems).
- Collect information and prepare documents required in the Certification and Accreditation of systems.
- Work closely with customers and other team members to meet business needs.
- 2 – 7+ years as a Web Developer / Web Administrator
- LAMP stack
- PHP-based Content Management System (CMS) experience
- Model–View–Controller (MVC)
- Application of secure coding practices and vulnerability assessment
- Configuration and use of Apache Subversion (SVN), or similar a plus
- Able to write code utilizing Object Oriented Programming practices
- Capable of diagnosing errors and debugging
- Able to debug and/or leverage multi-dimensional arrays
- JQuery experience a plus
- Database design and implementation
- SQL syntax and best practices
- DDL Creation and execution
- Database diagramming and documentation
- Familiarity from user perspective
- Administration (using WordPress UI)
- Experience selecting plugins/themes to meet a customer requirements
- Modifying and extending existing plugins/themes
- Custom theme development
- Custom plugin development
- PHP programming (OOP)
- Secure deployment skills
- WordPress hardening
- Familiar with Web site attack techniques, both the type which can be detected by scanning, and those that require deeper understanding of application.
- Familiar with common practices and techniques to protect Web applications
- Familiar with Web application firewalls
- Familiar with Core Rule Set (CRS)
- Experience and/or familiarity with writing custom rules
- ModSecurity debugging and troubleshooting practices
- DNS maintenance
- Shell scripts
- Cron jobs
- User administration
Apache Web Server
- Service configuration
- VirtualHost directives
- Reverse proxy directives
- mod_rewrite directives
- Experience with Tomcat a plus