Task Order Title
: DOSDO Websphere MQ (WMQ) Task Order SOW
The objective of this task is to oversee the development, design, maintenance (which includes version upgrades), test, documentation and deployment IBM System i™ WebSphere MQ and Microsoft Windows™ WebSphere MQ at the 57 DDS sites on IBM iSeries platforms and Windows servers. Develop, design, maintain (which includes version upgrades), test, document and deploy IBM z/OS WebSphere MQ and Solaris WebSphere MQ for 48 Mainframe Production Queue Managers and 4 Distributed (Sun Solaris) Production Queue Managers.
To provide problem resolution that includes the diagnosis and root cause analysis of problems with the WMQ environment including hardware and software on both mainframe and distributed platforms. Assistance is needed in resolving problems and rendering assistance with application change management related to the IBM System i™ WebSphere MQ, Microsoft Windows™ WebSphere MQ, z/OS WebSphere MQ, Solaris WMQ and IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON applications (Tivoli Monitoring Agents).
To provide support in the definition of the WMQ infrastructure architecture, including design recommendations, configuration assistance, and deployment support. Task Order Description
:WebSphere MQ (WMQ) Specialist / Subject Matter Expert 3 (SME3)
Quantity: 1 position
POP Dates: June 1, 2012 – September 28, 2013, with possible intent to extend Position Responsibilities:
- Provide support for both the WebSphere MQ and Tivoli Monitoring Agents softwares.
- Test and apply normal WebSphere MQ and Tivoli Monitoring Agent software maintenance, as required.
- Analyze high-level requirements and develop detailed design documents for new applications needing to use WMQ.
- Support standard maintenance (PTF and interim releases) of the WMQ application, in conjunction with the WMQ application running on the z/OS platform.
- Support standard maintenance (PTF and interim releases) of the IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager (ITCAM) for Applications, in conjunction with the bi-annual maintenance on the Tivoli Hub (TEMS) and Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server (TEPS) running on the z/OS platform.
- Develop and maintain documentation on MQ infrastructure.
- The ability to create optimum performance with MQ as it relates to the applications using it.
- Produce design documents, flowcharts and project plans.
- Develop and document test plan to ensure functional requirements are met and the software is properly integration tested.
- Migrate software changes associated with the WMQ project through SSA’s life cycle using change management procedures
- Perform maintenance (PTF, interim and new version releases) for both the WebSphere MQ and Tivoli Monitoring Agents software, test and apply normal WebSphere MQ and Tivoli Monitoring Agent software maintenance, as required. These tasks need to be performed on the production, acceptance testing, and training environments at the NCC and SCC on the platforms referred to as mainframe (using z/OS WMQ) and Sun servers (using Solaris WMQ).
- Analyze high-level requirements and develop detailed design documents for new applications needing to utilize WMQ.
- Support standard maintenance (PTF & Interim releases) of the IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager (ITCAM) for Applications Diagnostics, in conjunction with the bi-annual maintenance on the Tivoli Hub (TEMS) and Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server (TEPS) running on the z/OS platform.
- Develop comprehensive test plans to ensure validation of functional requirements for the new queues or alterations to existing queues.
- Perform life cycle management and coordination of software changes within the existing MQ infrastructure across SSA’s Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Develop and maintain documentation on MQ infrastructure.
- The ability to create optimum performance with MQ as it relates to the applications using it
- Provide 24x7 pager support to resolve WMQ related problems when they occur.
- Provide technical expertise on WMQ software with configuration issues on both the mainframe and distributed parts of the WMQ environment.
- Troubleshoot WMQ systems and application problems and facilitate the necessary actions required to correct the problem.
- Have the ability to research problems and contact and escalate issues with IBM or other third-party mainframe software providers.
- Documentation of the outcome of disaster recovery exercises, which includes areas where deficiencies exist and how to resolve these deficiencies for future exercises.
- Document problem resolutions including full root cause analysis in SSA’s problem tracking system, Change Asset Problem Reporting System (CAPRS).
- Design, configure, test, migrate and implement WMQ security on the z/OS, UNIX (Sun Solaris), iSeries and Windows platforms.
- Design, test, migrate and implement the WMQ backup and restoration processes across the WMQ infrastructure on z/OS, Solaris, iSeries and Windows platforms.
- Design, configure, test, migrate and implement the elimination of single points of failure with WMQ on the z/OS, UNIX (Sun Solaris), iSeries and Windows platforms.
- Provide ongoing support for the process identification, documentation, formalization, and improvement of the WMQ infrastructure support processes.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities of WMQ v.6 and v.7 (when available v.8) on z/OS Mainframe IBM System i™, and Distributed (Sun Solaris and Windows) Platforms
- Ability to work within the z/OS operating system by knowing how to use SMPE, TSO, ISPF and JCL
- Skills with analysis, design, testing and maintenance of WMQ infrastructure in achieving
- SSA goal of continuous availability for SSA systems
- Skills and ability of application development in order to assist application developers with optimal design solutions for applications using WMQ
- Knowledge of CICS, WebSphere Application Server, DB2 and JMS and how to create queue messaging environment between CICS, WebSphere Application Server, DB2 and Batch on z/OS and Distributed Platforms
- Knowledge and abilities of architectural analysis and technical design alternatives for connecting to SSA messaging environment
- Ability to install as well as use Tivoli Monitoring Tools to Resolve problems with WMQ on z/OS Mainframe IBM System i™, and Distributed (Sun Solaris and Windows) Platforms
- Knowledge of WMQ with regard to continuous and high availability using queue and port sharing technologies and scaling of queue managers on /OS Mainframe IBM System i™, and Distributed (Sun Solaris and Windows) Platforms
- Knowledge of Windows Operating System
- Knowledge of Solaris Operating System
- Knowledge of a software development lifecycle that includes development, validation, integration, training and production
- Ability to develop a detailed project plan that includes risk analysis, resource estimates, milestones and back-out procedures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of technical consulting or computer science experience
- Experience working with technology industry and architecture
- Experience working with technical products, vendors, and families of technology
- Must successfully pass Minimum Background Investigation (MBI).
Education: Education & Experience LevelsEquivalent Education and ExperienceLevelEducationandExperienceAcquired DegreeMinimum Experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve issues
1 Associate’s Degree or higher and 2 years High School/GED 4 years 2 Bachelor’s Degree or higher and 5 years Associate 7 years Master 3 years Doctorate 1 year 3 Master’s Degree or higher and 7 years Associate 11 years Bachelor 9 years Doctorate 5 years