We are number one...
Because of our People.
Looking for a company where you can work with the latest technologies and make a difference in the world? If you answered yes, DrFirst is where you want to be. Work along industry professionals and help make cutting edge products that the world has never seen before.
Industry leading Healthcare Technology company is seeking a Mobile Applications Developer for 6 month contract and possible permanent hire for the right individual.
In support of the DrFirst SDLC, the Software Engineer/iPad Mobile Developer works to innovate and deliver strategic and technical initiatives. Its mandate is to create and grow core enterprise architecture, technology, and competencies that allow DrFirst to deliver higher quality and faster solutions to meet increasing business needs. Using industry standards and best-practices, the Software Engineer develops innovative, cutting-edge tools, solutions, and technologies that will be shared and leveraged by departments across DrFirst. We are looking for an Engineer who is detailed oriented, well organized, quick learner, and can multi-task. The Engineer will work as a member of a cross functional team including business analyst, software engineers, and QA analyst, so effective communication, collaboration, and team work is essential for success.
The Software Engineer will play an integral role in the design and development of DrFirst’s latest mobile products to meet total quality management and/or other reliability standards today and tomorrow. Specifically the Engineer will be responsible for:
- Break down problems and participate in the process of design, implementation, and rollout of mobile applications, projects and solutions.
- Use latest technologies, tools, and techniques to design and develop reusable, scalable, flexible, and high-performing quality mobile applications.
- Understand software development and quality best practices; actively participates in continuous process improvements.
- Work with developers and team lead to set standards and define best practices for design, coding, and testing.
- Help ensure overall product quality.
- 2+ years of iPad/iPhone/mobile development and design. Strong Java knowledge is a must.
- Mid-level to senior-level experience and expertise of Java EE technology stack and related technologies and tools (Hibernate, Tomcat, Spring MVC, WS, XSD, XML, SQL, NOSQL).
- Knowledge of advanced software engineering concept (design patterns, SDLC, OO, UML Modeling, SOA, SCA).
- Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal skills with a self-starting attitude, team-player, and flexibility. A fast-learner and high degree of creativity and initiatives is expected.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and short term and long term planning skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team of engineers in cross-function teams and distributed environment.
- Background in web technologies and enterprise application implementations in a large-scale, multi-platform, distributed environment.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related area of study (or equivalent experience) and be eligible to work in the United States.
- Experience with commercial and open-source applications and scripting languages strongly preferred.
- Experience with performance-driven design and performance tuning.
- Love to learn new technology, and intellectually challenging environment.
- Mature in critical thinking, in daily self-management, and highly self-disciplined.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous quality improvement.
- Have an interest in improving software reliability and quality through automation and consistent automation process.
- Experience with SaaS highly desirable.
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter, and salary history to this job posting.
DrFirst is an EEO and DrugFree employer, as well as an E-Verify company.