Position Available: Associate Biologist
Pangea Biological is currently seeking an Associate Biologist for our Encinitas office.Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Conducting biological reconnaissance surveys, habitat evaluation and species-specific surveys, and biological monitoring,
- Analyzing data and reporting findings, and preparing reports,
- Preparing project and internal correspondence,
- Coordinating small projects with direct review and interaction by senior staff,
- Conducting environmental training for construction personnel on field projects, and
- Providing guidance and support to other technical team members
- Working independently on small projects or assisting more senior team members on larger projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Ecology, Botany, Environmental Sciences or related field,
- 5 years experience as a field biologist
- Experience with biological monitoring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both in the field and office setting
- Ability to work in diverse and rugged working conditions while in the field
- Experience in operating a 4-wheel drive vehicles
- Must be in good physical condition; field work may reuire long hours woaling over rough terrain to conduct surveys and monitoring
- Experience and proficient with Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with the identification of local flora/fauna in Southern California
- Knowledge of field data collection and GPS technology
This position is a great opportunity for qualified professionals who are self-starters, leaders, energetic and enthusiastic and who enjoy a variety of challenges. Selected candidate will work with an outstanding team of professionals both in the field and in the office setting.
Please email your resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application process and employment requires DMV and Background/Drug Screening. Must posses a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Pangea Biological is an Equal Opportunity Employer