So what are we looking for, exactly? We’re seeking an experienced Software Engineer fluent in PHP and general web technologies, preferentially with existing Magento development experience. As a Software Engineer, you will be working with a team of other highly skilled individuals to build rock-solid eCommerce websites from the ground up on the Magento platform and engage in the active and continued support and development of existing eCommerce sites for clientele with whom we have an existing retainer based relationship. You will be working primarily with Magento, an incredibly well architected, object-oriented, PHP-based eCommerce platform. As a highly-experienced Software Engineer, you are sure to learn many things from working with Magento and other technologies such as the leading and industry standard ERPs.
You will be responsible for developing in a local website environment, deploying to stage environments for client testing and quality assurance, teaming up with a Technical Lead to deploy final development to the production environment, and working with the Project Management team to make solution recommendations and/or provide estimates as needed.
It is expected that you will be passion driven, have an ever increasing love for embracing technology and seeing our clients and those that surround you succeed. We love working together and are united around what matters. We love to learn, and to share that learning amongst our team. It is your goal to see all of this happen!
If you have never worked with Magento before, consider this a challenge to sharpen your skills as an individual, all the while serving others and passionately pursuing what you love doing.Requirements:
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Characteristics:
- 3+ years of experience programming in PHP 5, Java or another similar object-oriented language
- 1-2 years of MySQL database experience
- An understanding of the Model-View-Controller paradigm and other basic design patterns
- Experience working with a version control system such as Subversion or Git
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong personal leadership ability
- Ability to work well in a team development environment
- Passionate about technology with a sharp attention to detail
- Proven ability to construct scalable Magento modules
- Experience administering LAMP stacks
- Knowledge of Zend Framework, particularly the DBAL
- Familiarity with Eclipse and the Xdebug PHP extention
- Proficiency with Mac OS X (our primary development environment)
- Experience working in a *nix command line environment
When applying for this position, please make sure to include the following if at all possible:
- Your resumé -- A copy of what’s on LinkedIn does not qualify
- A medium to large chunk of code showcasing your programming ability. This should be Object-Oriented
- If you have prior experience working with Magento, a copy of a module you’ve written if possible.
- Awesome health insurance benefits
- Macbook Pro for business/personal use
- Generous paid-vacation and sick time
- Boundless growth opportunities, both personally and professionally
- Base-salary plus quarterly bonuses